I have been a contributing writer to the following platforms: CheckOutAfrica, Huffington Post South Africa, iAfrikan, The African Exponent and WomenChangeAfrica. As well as seen in the Huffington Post U.S. and Teakisi.
In the three years of my Communications & Public Relations career; I have built a strong network of Tier 1 International, Pan-African and Sub-Saharan African Media contacts and played a major role in achieving high quality media visibility for clients. Particularly my client work towards Innovation Prize for Africa 2017 (IPA2017) media outreach which resulted in a highly successful edition with over 1600 media hits worth over USD$1.5 million
I have also been instrumental in elevating the quality of Social Media Content Development and LinkedIn Campaign execution.
Additionally, I have effectively contributed to New Business Request for Proposal documents (RFPs), particularly in the areas of Research and the Creation of Infographics.
Senior Account Executive Jan 2018 – Present
• Extreme understanding of the media relations space and able to deliver strategic media relations opportunities in tier 1 publications for client accounts.
Name of publication placed in Q1, 2018:
-- Africa On the Rise
• Experienced in running various social media campaigns on different social media platforms. -Currently running and managing a LinkedIn campaign for a Leading Remote Services company.
Account Executive Sep 2015 – Jan 2018
• Experience writing blogs for the company's website.
-- Hot topics covered: African Culture, Education, Digital, Innovation, Lifestyle, NGOs, Opinion & Analysis and Politics in Africa.
• First phone interview six months into my PR career was with Colin Gayle, Founder & CEO, Africa Creative Agency for a co-written blog entitled Smartphones & Africa's Digital Music Platforms.
• Independently placed several media articles in top tier publications, with the target media being Sub-Saharan and Pan-African. For both the clients and thought leadership team.
-- Hot topics covered: Africa, Communications, ICT, Innovation, Technology and Public Relations.
Names of some of the publications placed:
--African Business Magazine.
--Africa Business Communities.
--African Leadership Magazine.
--New African Magazine.
--New African Woman Magazine.
--The Nerve Africa.
--Radio interview placed in Dakar-based West Africa Democracy Radio.
• Moderated three Tweet Chats entitled:
--Opportunities for Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Women in Africa.
--A trip to Africa: discussing the amazing monuments, sites, and heritage in Africa.
--Education Made in Africa: addressing literacy issues across Africa and how to overcome them.
• Experience with Social Media Campaigns foot holding the launching and driving of Webinars, Tweet chats, LinkedIn campaigns and Photo contests, that run every two months. Involving high profile and renowned partners with a focus on African innovation and uplifting Africa.
• Experience with Hootsuite, Cision Point, WordPress, and Sysomos.
• Experience with Social Media Content Creation, Marketing, Reporting, and Strategizing.
Communications and Public Relations Intern Jun 2015 – Sep 2015
• Supported the Djembe Communications Team in Dubai, and the wider international team.
• Conducted client and industry specific research on companies associated with Djembe.
• Media training and monitoring.
• CisionPoint and Hootsuite equipped.
• Conducted new business leads.
• Writing blogs for the Djembe website.
• Digital stakeholder mapping.
• Developed media lists.
• Follow ups for press releases.
• Developed Infographics for clients and the wider team.
• Global research project for a client in Angola.
Like all explorers, we are drawn to discover what’s out there without knowing yet if we have the courage to face it. - Pema Chödrön